Monday

Review for Izzy's Pop Star Plan~ Daily Devo



Izzy's Pop Star Plan is a daily devotional for tween/teen girls. It follows Izzy's journey toward trying to become a pop star while not losing herself and her walk with God. The difference between this devotional and others is this one reads like a novel with 90 days worth of devotional pages. It is set up like you are reading Izzy's blog day to day. I give it a thumbs up for uniqueness. There is even a website they put on some of the pages so that the reader can check it out on the computer as well as the book. I definitely think that the writing and the format that the book is in will encourage young girls to read their devotional for the day. I read it like a book and have to say that it kept me interested and entertained and I will be passing it along to my 10 year old niece. It seemed incredibly obvious that the writer modeled the singing competition off of American Idol but they did make it different by making it a competition with people from different countries. I am assuming by the ending of this book that there is another book to come and I have to say that I look forward to reading that one as well. I do suggest to the author that in the next book (if there is one) that they add a small place at the bottom of each page so the girl reading can write down her own prayer or thought for that day. In closing this review I will say that the book is well written and well thought out. A book that I will be proud and happy to pass on to my niece, confident in the fact that if she will read it, it will help point her in the right direction possibly when she will need it most. The book is not just well written, it has a point to it and is a light for goodness and morality in a dark world. Something daughters, nieces, friends, really any girl, needs in their book collection and their lives.

Happy reading to you all :)
Jenny

***Update***************
I just looked on a bookstore website and indeed there is a second book to this. It says it comes out in July of this year.
*************************

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review. I totally appreciate that. Book two is already ready to go in July, but the idea for a place for readers to write their own prayers is an awesome idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked my idea and appreciate you leaving me a comment! I am excited to see where the journey takes her in the next book. I passed this one on to my 10 year old niece and am sure she will enjoy it as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete